Florence has always been a favorite destination for lovers.
To experience an unforgettable Valentine's Day there is no end to the romantic panoramas of Florence where you can enjoy the evening with a stroll among musicians and street artists who render the city even more characteristic and lively.
To conclude City Centre Retreat's top ten valentine weekend breaks we have compiled a list of our top 10 romantic things to do in Florence:
10. Attend a concert, exhibit, or festival at the Stazione Leopolda, Florence’s first train station which has now become an outdoor event center.
9. Picnic at the Parco delle Cascine after visiting the local market (open Sunday and Tuesday mornings).
8. Spend an evening at the Libreria Café La Cite, where nightly events include everything from artist exhibitions to Tango nights.
7. Spend a day bike riding from Florence to the Tuscan countryside, and past “romantic olive groves, vineyards, medieval castles and hillside villas.” The ride can be done with a tour group, which includes a wine tasting at the end of the day. Or rent bikes separately to make the same trip.
6. Attend a mid-afternoon wine and cheese tasting in a Florentine wine bar, where you will try the finest Tuscan wines and learn about the culinary history of the region. Here’s more on Florence Cheese & Wine Tasting.
5. Buy a lock and key then take a walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge where you will find locks linked together across the structure. Make a wish with your loved one, link your lock to the others, and toss the key over the bridge. This tradition is common among the Italian youth.
4. Watch the sun set over Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo (Cheesy, but travelers say it is a must see for romantics!).
3. Go out to dinner and a show; Visit any of Florence’s delicious restaurants by the city center, and then head to the Anglican Church for an intimate opera performance. 2. Visit Forte Belvedere, an old fortress from the 16th century, to see breathtaking views of Florence’s skyline as well as the hills of Tuscany.
1. Stroll hand in hand through the Giardino dell’Iris, which specializes in Florence’s flower, the Iris. Located close to the Pizalle Michaelangelo, make sure to visit the gardens before dinner to leave enough time to watch the sunset from the pizalle.
This bright and contemporary 3rd floor Florence apartment rental has large windows throughout allowing in plenty of natural light and is located on a quiet side street just steps from the magnificent Piazza Santa Croce in Florence's historical centre.
The recently renovated apartment features a fully equipped kitchen/dining area complete with laundry facilities, a large bedroom with a queen-size bed and plenty of storage space and a brand new bathroom with shower. Original wood beam ceilings are a focus point throughout the apartment adding character to the contemporary furnishings.
This apartment is managed directly by the qualified staff of Apartmentsflorence.it and we guarantee the highest quality of service and assistance during your stay in Florence.
The check in/check out procedure, bed linens, cleaning service, assistance and maintenance are all provided directly by the us.
For more apartments check out our website : City Centre Retreat